Mystic Lake YMCA Camp is the natural choice for outdoor education. Located in one of Michigan’s most beautiful environments yet convenient to metropolitan areas. Whether for one day or a full week our experienced staff are ready to provide quality outdoor education at surprisingly affordable prices for groups of 200.
Mystic Lake YMCA Camp has housing, dining and meeting spaces for your group. We can accommodate large group meetings and smaller break out sessions.
- Cabins sleep up to 24 campers per unit. There is a central dayroom and attached bathrooms.
- Forts sleep 16 campers per unit. Each has a day room in the lower level and a bathhouse nearby.
- Yurts are unique domed outdoor living structures that sleep 16 campers. The bathhouse is nearby.
- Spikehorn Lodge sleeps up to 16 in six rooms and features meeting space, kitchenette, two full and two half bathrooms. The lower level features a newly remodeled conference/meeting room with a bathroom.
Mystic Village is our brand new year-round family & group camping area. Yurts are set up to sleep up to 10 people, have a living room and dining area. The Mystic Village has a 3 season pavilion and a brand new bathhouse. Construction was completed in the fall of 2011.
Great quality food and great staff service is the key to our dining hall. Mystic Lake YMCA Camp provides a full service kitchen that can provide meals for over 200 people. Menus can be tailored to meet the needs of your group and adjusted for special dietary needs. We can even host outdoor barbeques for your group! Mystic Lake Main Lodge underwent a full renovation during the winter of 2013.
Mystic Lake YMCA Camp has a history of excellent staff that are actively engaged with students and committed to providing high caliber programs for all participants. All staff members go through a rigorous screening process that includes references, work history, drug screenings, criminal background checks and personal interviews prior to hiring. They are hard working young men and women who are dedicated, experienced, responsible, enthusiastic, positive and fun! All staff members are trained in CPR and Basic First Aid and specialists have certifications specific to their area of expertise.
- Marsh and Wetland Exploration
- Outdoor Survival Skills
- Animal Adaptations
- Bog and Nature Hikes
- Insect Collection
- Bat Basics
Teambuilding & Leadership Programs
- Low Ropes
- Large & Small Group Programs
- Group Initiatives
- High Ropes
- Climbing Wall
- Giant Swing with Flying Squirrel, Crate Stacking and Giant Swing Activities
- Canoeing, Funyaks, Row Boats
- Basketball, Volleyball, Athletic Field
- Swimming, Archery, Disc Golf, Fishing, Arts and Crafts, Horseback Riding
(Spring & Summer)
- Hiking Trails
- Nature Center
- Campfire Circle
- High Ropes, Climbing Wall, Low Ropes Course, Technical Tree Climbing, Team building Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Ice Fishing
Schedule Your Outdoor Education
Contact Amiee Woodrow, Program Director 517.827.9654