Member Referral Program
Reduce Your Monthly Dues By 20% When A Friend You Referred, Joins The YMCA.
Get started today, and reduce your monthly dues and your friend’s.
Member Referral Program
1. Confirm at the Y that your email address is on file and is correct. All communications about this member referral program are communicated via email.
2. Click on the Membership tab on the YMCA Homepage and click on the Member Referral Page.
3. Fill out and submit the Member Referral Application form.
4.The YMCA will send an invitation via email to your friend to share a member referral rate with you by joining the Y.
5. After your friend joins, your monthly membership auto-draft will be reduced by 20%, as long as you BOTH remain members in good standing.
6. If your friend’s membership is terminated, you have 30 days to invite a new friend to join before your monthly dues go back to the current rate.
To maintain eligibility in the Member Referral Program and receive the member referral rate, all participants will be required to abide by the guidelines listed below:
1. Utilize the monthly credit card/bank draft payment options for their memberships.
2. Maintain account in good standing by keeping all monthly payments current. (An account in good standing requires all payments to be current)
3. Abide by the guidelines of the Member Referral Program, including:
4. After friend has completed all their required paperwork, the host member will receive their member referral rate on their next billing cycle. The host member will be notified when the friends requirements are completed.
5. If host member or friend cancels their membership or does not keep their account in good standing (a member is good standing maintains current payments and abides by all guidelines required by the Y) The remaining person will be notified that they will have 30 days to find a new friend or their membership rate will go back to the full rate offered at the YMCA of Lansing.
6. Host members and friends are eligible for only one rate reduction on their membership.
7. Host members can refer as many friends as they would like. Although they will only receive one member referral rate of their membership dues, all of the friends will each receive the member referral rate.
1. What happens if my friend cancels their membership?
You will have a 30 day window to recruit a friend and that friend to complete the process of joining in order to maintain your member referral rate. If you are not able to confirm a new friend within that time frame your monthly rate will go back to the full rate.
2. What if I have an annual membership?
To receive the member referral rate, you will need to convert your annual membership to a monthly membership via bank draft or credit card draft. The Welcome Center staff at the branch will assist you in converting to a monthly draft.
3. What about new members? How can they take advantage of this program?
New members who join will need to be a member in good standing for a minimum of 30 days before they are eligible to refer a friend in the member referral program and receive member referral rate.
4. How do current members take advantage of the Member Referral Program and the 20% rate reduction?
It’s easy! All they need to do is go to our website and click on the membership tab and click member referral program to refer their friend.
5. Can a member cancel and join under the member referral program?
Members who cancel, are eligible to re-join the member referral program after the 90 day waiting period has concluded.
6. When will my host member rate go into effect?
As a current member, your member referral rate will take effect on the next drafting cycle after your friend joins and has completed all requirements.
7. Does the friend and host member have to workout at the same branch?
No, friends can join at the YMCA of Lansing branch that is most convenient to them.
8. If I invite multiple friends, do I receive additional rate reductions for each friend that joins?
No. Host members will be eligible to receive one reduced rate per membership, regardless of how many of their friends join. Each of the friends you refer will be eligible for the member referral monthly rate. Having multiple friends join will give price assurance to the host member, in the event their 1st friend cancels.
9. If I am a new member can I invite someone to join?
Yes, you can invite all of your friends. New members who join will need to be a member in good standing for a minimum of 30 days before they are eligible to refer a friend in the member referral program.
10. Since my friend is connected to my account, am I financially obligated if they don’t pay?
No, you are not financially accountable for your friend’s payments but you will lose your member referral rate if you are not able to recruit a new friends as a replacement. If your friend does not pay, their membership will be cancelled and you will be notified
11. What happens if I have financial assistance? Can I still get that reduced rate?
Each member is eligible for one price reduction per membership. Based on eligibility they will need to decide which one best fits their needs. Financial Assistance will always continue to be an alternative option.
12. Can I refer a friend at the Welcome Center?
Yes, but they will need to begin the process on-line as per the guidelines of the member referral program.
13. Can all of my family refer friends?
Yes. Everyone is encouraged to refer as many of their friends as they would like. The member referral program allows one price reduction with each membership.
14. How long do I have to find another friend, if my current friend terminates and before my host member rate goes away?
You will have a 30-day window to recruit a new friend to maintain your member referral rate. If you are not able to confirm a new friend within that time frame your monthly rate will go back to the full branch rate.
15. If I no longer qualify for financial assistance and I have a friend that is a current member of the Y can they recruit me as their friend?
Current members can’t recruit other current members to be in the member referral program. You will need to refer someone who is not a member to be your friend to be eligible for the member referral program. You cannot be recruited as a friend for 90 days after your scholarship expires.
16. I’m a member at another YMCA in Michigan. Can I refer friend to one of the Y’s in Lansing and take advantage of the reduced rate at my home branch?
Unfortunately, the Member Referral Program is only available at the branches of the YMCA of Lansing at this time.
MEMBER REFERRAL RATE
We strive to provide the services and programs that you and your family deserve. Please see any of our YMCA staff if your expectations are not met. We want the opportunity to make you happy.
The YMCA Of Metropolitan Lansing believes in providing membership and program services to all who desire to participate. Our Y For All program uses all available resources to provide support to those who qualify for assistance.
The YMCA reserves the right to deny applications and cancel memberships.