Christian Emphasis Committee
The Christian Emphasis Committee is made up of a group of dedicated Christians that volunteer their time to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Lansing YMCA for the purpose of carrying out our mission—to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
2016 Lenten Luncheons & Good Friday Breakfast
Past Sponsored Events
View the videos from these events below and hear the inspiring messages from our speakers:
Goals of the Committee
1. Encourage the development of the whole person: mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially.
2. Provide programs and resources that promote Biblical Christian Values that can be applied in the lives of members as well as the community at large.
3. Preserve the YMCA’s spiritual heritage
4. Promote interdenominational cooperation and support by strengthening the YMCA’s relationship with churches and other faith based organizations.
5. Build strong working relationships with other YMCAs (through Christian Emphasis Committee where available), promoting cooperation, communication, program sharing and spiritual development.
6. Promote understanding of, and appreciation for all people in the community and help create an environment, which encourages strong family values, model citizenship and respect for others.
7. Provide biblical counsel, financial resource development and committed Christian leadership, for the support of our staff and volunteers.