Christian Emphasis Committee
The Christian Emphasis Committee is made up of a group of dedicated Christians that volunteer their time to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Lansing YMCA for the purpose of carrying out our missionto put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Click the link below to meet the committee and view their bios.
Meet the Christian Emphasis Committee
View Member Church Affiliations
Bible Study Classes
The Christian Emphasis committee sponsors Bible Study Classes at YMCA branches.
View Monthly Bible Study Class Schedule
The Christian Emphasis committee organizes and sponsors events as the
Lenten Lunch Series and the Annual Good Friday Breakfast.
View Lenten Lunchens
March 16, 2012 >
March 22, 2012 >
March 27, 2012 >
View Good Friday Breakfast
April 22, 2011 >
April 6, 2012 >
Goals of the Committee
1. Encourage the development of the whole person: mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially.
2. Provide programs and resources that promote Biblical Christian Values that can be applied in the lives of members as well as the community at large.
3. Preserve the YMCA’s spiritual heritage
4. Promote interdenominational cooperation and support by strengthening the YMCA’s relationship with churches and other faith based organizations.
5. Build strong working relationships with other YMCAs (through Christian Emphasis Committee where available), promoting cooperation, communication, program sharing and spiritual development.
6. Promote understanding of, and appreciation for all people in the community and help create an environment, which encourages strong family values, model citizenship and respect for others.
7. Provide biblical counsel, financial resource development and committed Christian leadership, for the support of our staff and volunteers.
Links to Christian Resources
Daily Bread Devotional
Great Lakes Christian College
Lansing Church Links
88.1 Smile FM
Youth For Christ
Middle Tennessee YMCA
Christian Business Men Connection